Replace and upgrade electronic components Audiostatic ES100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently did a very successful replacement of the mylar sheets on my Audiostatics ES100’s. They now have 3um sheets and I have used ER coating with which I am very happy.

Next step is to replace and upgrade the electronic parts, but my knowledge of capacitors etcetera is limited so help is welcome. My soldering skills on the other hand are very good and I’m aware of possible danger of working with high voltage circuits and take my precautions. Please see pictures for original parts.

I was thinking of:
- Replace Intertechnik 33uF/250V cap with Mundorf EVO silver/gold/oil 33uF 450Vdc (approx. 150 euro.)
- Replace resistor 6R8 10% 10W with Intertechnik MOX10/6.8/2. BTW: What will lower or higher resistance cause in this place?
- Replace the two smaller sized resistors on the board with new, same value ones and also the ‘four in a row 27Kohm ones’. I still have to sort these out, but will manage.
- Replace Philips 0.047uF/250V with WIMA MKP 10 0.047uF 10% 250V
- Do I need to replace the diodes, or do they not age like capacitors?

FYI: I did not do the ‘limit the full range section of the stators (use less wires) for better high frequency dispersion’ because I’m afraid to loose high frequency output. I don’t mind the beaming because I’m not so much a dancer.

If you have suggestions of what to do best or know of (sonically)better parts to use, be it other values or brands, I would really like to hear from you.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 112
  • resist.jpg
    resist.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 120
  • philips.jpg
    philips.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 116
  • diode.jpg
    diode.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.