Stretched Wire Hybrid ESL Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I were to do another system like this, the frame lattice would be made of some kind of laser cut acrylic or some other material that could be made to have a low profile.

Your ESL's look great. You must have put some long days and hard weeks of work in. How many hours in total would you estimate the build took?

I wonder why you would prefer acrylic for the lattice- is it for a low profile look or for sound?

Your ESL's look great. You must have put some long days and hard weeks of work in. How many hours in total would you estimate the build took?

I wonder why you would prefer acrylic for the lattice- is it for a low profile look or for sound?

The wood lattices are esthetically pleasing and they do not detract from the sound in any way-- but cutting 96 hardwood details with the required precision is no easy task. Laser cut details would be much easier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.