Line source configuration of tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on a line source project and I am trying to use the B&G Neo3 transducer. And my understanding is that a minimum coverage of 70% vertically "floor to ceiling", is needed to fully realize the effects. The Neo3 which is nearly 3" tall only has a vertical radiating window of 1.9" so even overlapping a bit I am only at 58%. I found a bunch of the Neo1 tweeters that were used primarily in their "in-ceiling" speaker designs. The fellow I purchased them from had no specs. "I got them really cheap!" I am thinking they should be close to what a Neo3 would operate but radiating only 1.25 inches vertically. I do not have quite enough to make two lines 7' tall of them, I only have 60,

DSCN1492.jpg

so was thinking. Could I possibly try a configuration like in the pic? What would the downside be? This configuration would get me to nearly 100% without overlap and these are known for their non-vertical dispersion.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• tweet9.jpg
    tweet9.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN1479.jpg
    DSCN1479.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 251
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.