variable HV unit to create bias of +10.000volts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking about to test a variable HV unit to load the diaphragm.

Did anyone try this:

220v High voltage electrostatic generator power supply air purifier 10000v outpu-in Headphone Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

HTB1U8cfHpXXXXahaXXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg

HTB1QdUGHFXXXXXGXXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

My latest bias supply used a used EMCO unit, a $15 variable DC power supply with voltage readout (a little naked board), and a 20vac transformer.

You put 0-15vdc into the EMCO and you get out a nicely proportional high voltage. The EMCOs are trustworthy which is possibly more than can be said about the "ozone generator" supply OP posted. Likewise, really great to have the easy adjustment and voltage readout.

BTW, terrible mistake buying from that Chinese eBay: you will receive a million spam a day until you cancel your email address. Listed products may be good and a bargain, but see if you can use a temporary email address.

B.

Last edited:
Hi All

I bought a CX-50 just to try out. It is labelled as a 2kV to 10 kV supply, not 1 kV to 10kV as shown in the picture.

The one I received goes from about 2.6 kV to well above 10 kV when driving a 100 M ohm load - well beyond my 10 kV meter fsd. Don't know what the regulation is like - yet to find out.

A bit scary for my tastes, especially given the 5 mA current capability.

R

Hi Geoneer

No. I'm sure it would be fine, just has a lot more grunt, both voltage and current, than necessary.

The normal Cockcroft-Walton multiplier is perfectly adequate, it will bite, but only 1 or 2 on the crocodile scale. This thing is lethal - definitely keeping one hand in a pocket.

regards
R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.