ML Odyssey lower volume on 1 panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know one thing .... We here on the planars & Exotics site... would be lost with out people like Bolsers an minny others..... thanks for the years of just be here....an all your help.....
An to All.....here on this great Diyaudio site......"Happy Holidays!"

Ok will repeat the test on the good board. I also flipped the board over & measured directly
on the trafo output. Same readings. Can this be bought from ML ?
Guess it was just waiting to go down hence the volume issue that I experienced.

Thank again Bolserst.
Just to make sure, attached is pic of where you should measure the transformer on the back side of the board.

Andersonix was able to purchase a replacement transformer in the US a few years ago.
ML SL3 intermittent bias supply problem

Attachments

• HV_Test4.jpg
    HV_Test4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 85
Ml....had the boards....was $50...but knowing them $100 to day..Not being Neg...that's like we know is life to day....
I have two bias that I can sat...3k-6k...cost less to diy...an the panels like all ESLs sound better....when bias on all the time!
But I do a lot of qiuk ck on ESLs panels...I pick up...two diy bias part setups.... less than $50-80
But if you wont
stock....ML

Right I for got about just geting the Trans....that may work...Hehe
See Bolserst ....the man come though Again....life saver...well maybe just money...
good luck

Last edited:
I forgot About when I re-work my CLSs...I put my own Bias togather ....on all the time..... sounds much better than stock...an a litte higher bias...4k...my babys are sounding Sweet
An playing.... as I type this...Before & after..
life is good...
just ck CLS the bias,,4k8....an ezey to drive....mind blowing room .25X18 ....50-60 watt tube amp work great...go fig
other say you need a lot watts....an these well play loud ac/DC..

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    723.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Wow nice Tyu so you recommend running the Odyssey at 4kv also.
Yes I was thinking about another variable voltage bias board. Saw a kit
just like you say with no signal sensing panel will be on all the time.
But isn’t it the same as power off speakers when not listening ? lol

Thanks again Tyu

Acoustat , sound lab...has ran there Panel Bias of over 30 on....24/7...right you well hear nothing any diff...but thay well sound better..
NO!....your panels only need an well only take 3k4 to high you can short out an kill the panels for ever.....the older CLSs2 were made to run
6k...but then thay drop to 4k8.....but you can drop the bias feeder res...from there 60meg to 20meg that well give better top end to the panels....being older panels

Yes Bolserst that’s where I measured . Also if I measured resistance no readings, dvm just fluctuates
So definitely a bad HV transformer.
Hopefully the dealer in Indonesia or Singapore can get you a replacement transformer or board for a reasonable price. If not, let us know and maybe we can locate a replacement here in the US and ship to you. Of course shipping cost won't be cheap...about $35 USD I would estimate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.