Anyone looking to use Hygeia (Airborne) AMT tweeters in their designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks. I was looking for a pair that could match 92db at 8ohm. RT-5002 is probably closest.
Have you tried them with an open baffle? an can they still operate with an open back?

At the higher prices and the shipping to Denmark it would be kind of a dubious experiment though. Not mentioning danish customs :/

Yes the 5002 is a great design, but the back is sealed and there is no way to convert it to dipole operation with an open back. I am not trying to implement them with an open baffle of any kind for my projects. Let me know if you are interested in any of them, as I still have some. The RT-62041 also works great down to about ~1.4 kHz or so, if you know how to notch the response in just the right places.

Obviously, this purchase opportunity is closed since I already paid for the order, so now I do have them for sale, but at my own pricing structure. Please see the link in my signature or in the Swap Meet sub-forum if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.