Free (well $50) to a good home Khorn basses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,
I have two homebrew (well, built by engineers from the original plans from 1945 reverse-engineered by Bell Labs); Technically perfect (with better drivers), but engineers are not the best at aesthetics... One is lime green, the other stained walnut ( but good multilayer plywood.), These are the bass units only. When I was a kid I stacked two in each corner to double the mouth area, and ran separate midrange/high units. But I digress.

So here it is : Free to a good home (well plus $100)... you pick up, you carry, and they are yours.
They have been kept in climate-controlled their entire life. Unfortunately I sold the JBL midrange and tweeter horns.

They are in Derry, NH; First come, first serve.

Tell me time, date...

With a top board in place, absolutely wonderful way to fill a room with bass. Just one is great.

Not terribly heavy, easy for two to carry, and fits into a Subaru.

While a Klipschorn bass is quite a piece of gear, it makes a wonderful match to the clarity of an ESL, and it might seem an odd match till you think about it.

BTW, I had a buddy at Bell Labs who had a subwoofer below each of his Klipschorn basses for the bottom octave 20-35 Hz. He built his house around the speakers. No kidding. And of course he had a BMW motorcycle.

B.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.