Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 12:10 AM   #1
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Default Acoustat servo amps bridged.

Is this possible? I have two pairs and am wondering if they can be bridged. TIA
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 01:14 AM   #2
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
Is this possible? I have two pairs and am wondering if they can be bridged. TIA
No, they already have balanced outputs. The owner's manual has a schematic.
file:///home/chronos/u-ba0979a3ce3421c5ab65a854a2128c53400eedb3/Downloads/Acoustat-X-Owners-Manual.pdf

Last edited by rayma; 6th July 2017 at 01:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 01:26 AM   #3
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
If I recall, they're already balanced output. Do you have a schematic?
I don't know how to upload it here from my computer. However I could email it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 01:36 AM   #4
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
I don't know how to upload it here from my computer. However I could email it.
Is it the same as the schematic in the manual that I posted?
You can post an image by going to the bottom of the page, then
- attach files - manage attachments.

Last edited by rayma; 6th July 2017 at 01:38 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 02:07 AM   #5
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
Is it the same as the schematic in the manual that I posted?
You can post an image by going to the bottom of the page, then
- attach files - manage attachments.
your link does not work. I have to convert my pdf in order to attach it. I don't know how. It is a full Acoustat servo charge manual with full schematics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 02:16 AM   #6
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
your link does not work. I have to convert my pdf in order to attach it. I don't know how. It is a full Acoustat servo charge manual with full schematics.
Ok, email it to me, I'll PM you my address.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 02:52 AM   #7
ticknpop is offline ticknpop  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: toronto
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Why bridge them? You likely risk overdriving the cells - at worst shorting the stator to cell diaphragm - this would be hard on the amps too - and/or severe compression as the cell is driven beyond it's linear mechanical range
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 03:26 AM   #8
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Acoustat servo amps bridged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticknpop View Post
Why bridge them? You likely risk overdriving the cells - at worst shorting the stator to cell diaphragm - this would be hard on the amps too - and/or severe compression as the cell is driven beyond it's linear mechanical range
My understanding is the panels cannot be over driven or at least not damaged. I'm curious how the amps would sound. would bridging improve overall performance aside from increased output?
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 03:38 AM   #9
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
My understanding is the panels cannot be over driven or at least not damaged. I'm curious how
the amps would sound. would bridging improve overall performance aside from increased output?
These are balanced, direct drive amp/esl speaker systems, so two amps cannot be bridged.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 04:02 AM   #10
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
The pr of servo amp I had in the 80s were in the Xs....they were vary dark sounding speaker in the box like setup, with wood back...I left the back off most of the time..thay were like no other Acoustat...all stock with stock tubes for sure...As year went by I always said if I ever got pr again I would put a out board 5k bias for each set of panels ....
Dose any one no if there is a bias tranfourmer or is there a bias winding on the one tranfourmer?....for sure put new parts in the bias...good luck
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Acoustat servo amps bridged.Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A possibility, Acoustat Monitor 3 w/servo amps 355F1 Planars & Exotics 3 30th October 2015 03:00 PM
Acoustat Servo Amps Mike Johnson Tubes / Valves 0 12th September 2015 12:31 AM
Acoustat Servo lpd Swap Meet 0 26th January 2013 07:50 PM
Acoustat X w/ Servo lpd Swap Meet 8 25th January 2013 01:22 AM
Acoustat Servo Wiring lpd Planars & Exotics 2 25th September 2012 05:21 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki