Acoustat servo amps bridged.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Why bridge them? You likely risk overdriving the cells - at worst shorting the stator to cell diaphragm - this would be hard on the amps too - and/or severe compression as the cell is driven beyond it's linear mechanical range
My understanding is the panels cannot be over driven or at least not damaged. I'm curious how the amps would sound. would bridging improve overall performance aside from increased output?

The pr of servo amp I had in the 80s were in the Xs....they were vary dark sounding speaker in the box like setup, with wood back...I left the back off most of the time..thay were like no other Acoustat...all stock with stock tubes for sure...As year went by I always said if I ever got pr again I would put a out board 5k bias for each set of panels ....
Dose any one no if there is a bias tranfourmer or is there a bias winding on the one tranfourmer?....for sure put new parts in the bias...good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.