I cant reach above 15Khz on my planars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've often wondered about this aspect of planar magentics where there is often a significant portion of undriven diaphragm area that is just "along for the ride".

For lower frequences, there is a elasticity needed to allow for larger deflections. If the plastic film is largely overed with aluminum foil, it will reduce the ability to excursion for a non-pleated diaphragm.

For lower frequences, there is a elasticity needed to allow for larger deflections. If the plastic film is largely overed with aluminum foil, it will reduce the ability to excursion for a non-pleated diaphragm.

Good point. In general though a panel doing lower freqs will be quite large so this potential problem doesnt seem to be an issue.

I have built a number of basic panels with the foil traces running BOTH ways. The results were the same.

Another case in point, the Apogee base panel has its foil traces running horizontally AND they are under tension in that direction. Meaning across its width there really is no breaks in the foil. Similar to no traces at all, yet it works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.