Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

AudioStatic ES100 replacement panels?
AudioStatic ES100 replacement panels?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2017, 05:08 PM   #1
hfxrzw is offline hfxrzw  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default AudioStatic ES100 replacement panels?

Hi, I need to replace the panels in my AudioStatic 100's. Does anyone knows if there is still a place that sells them?

I had a look at the various posts on how to do it yourself with frames, tension rigs and 'magic' coatings. Regretfully lack of time and doubting the possible consistency makes me rather buy a replacement panel.

Couldn't get a response from AudioStatic or from a German company (I live in the USA for now) so I would appreciate any advise on how to obtain a set of panels. Thanks!!

Brgds, Rene
Old 25th April 2017, 05:04 PM   #2
donaldducks is offline donaldducks
diyAudio Member

Have you already tried twinstatic audio in holland. You probably have to send the panels to them. It is also recommended to inspect the electronics of the speaker. High voltage ladder and the resistors. You can send me a pesonal message if you want more information. I am afraid that it will cost a considerable amount of money to send them back to holland for repair. I have repaired a set of audiostatics and it will cost a lot of time.

Regards
Old 7th December 2017, 07:32 AM   #3
Migasa is offline Migasa
diyAudio Member

Hi hfxrzw, did you find replacement panels for your esl?
If you still have old ones I would like to buy those.
Please let me know. I will pay for shipping and packaging
extra. Regards.
Old 12th December 2017, 02:08 AM   #4
stokessd is offline stokessd  United States
diyAudio Member

I re-paneled a set of ES-50's about 20 years ago. It wasn't too bad, way easier than trying to take apart a set of martin logan panels. I don't have any notes from the process unfortunately. I do have a few pictures of the speakers, but nothing from the rebuild either. I do recall that the electronics in the ES-50 looked pretty bullet proof. The high voltage circuit was all film caps that should outlive us.

AudioStatic ES100 replacement panels?Hide this!Advertise here!