KLH Nines , refurb recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, my first forum post.

I just picked up a set of KLH nines after extensive researching on this forum and others. They're in pristine cosmetic condition but the power supplies need to be rebuilt (and hopefully that's all that needs to be done).

I would appreciate any recommendations for refurb options. I know David Janszen is an option for rebuild but a bit on the pricier side.

Thanks in advance for giving this a read!

Hello all, my first forum post.

I just picked up a set of KLH nines after extensive researching on this forum and others. They're in pristine cosmetic condition but the power supplies need to be rebuilt (and hopefully that's all that needs to be done).

I would appreciate any recommendations for refurb options. I know David Janszen is an option for rebuild but a bit on the pricier side.

Thanks in advance for giving this a read!

Hi codis.

I own a double pair of KLH Nines and I restored all 4 power supplies myself. I also had to fix 2 of the tweeters. I'd be happy to give you some pointers if you're interested in doing it yourself. There are a couple of articles written on how to restore them out on the net, but I can definitely share some of my own experiences with it and the red flags to watch out for. As you mentioned, David Janszen is the definite source for a restoration. He is also a very nice guy and helped me a lot thorough the restoration process. Personally, if I didn't have the skills/patience to do it, I definitely would have sent to David.

I'll send you a PM with my phone if you want to chat a bit about the Nines. When properly driven and with the right placement on the room, they are simply amazing speakers.

Regards,
Elias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.