JansZen A2.1 esl hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't know whether early JansZen "bookshelf" speakers or floor-to-ceiling KLH9's more inspired a generation of music lovers to investigate ESL speakers. Astonished a lot of us in the NYC audio club at the time... 1965?

Although it may expose me to some ridicule to say so, but I bet a working pair would compare with anything available today. Always a matter of which speaker particular shortcomings you are prepared to live with. For ESL fans, the crystal clarity of those tweeters count for a whole lot of enjoyment.

Ben

A friend connected me to "Copper" an audio zine. Had an article headlined with a favourite old car of mine, an Alfa-Romeo GTV.

Some of us love classic cars and these cars can exemplify pure motoring motifs. Of course we wouldn't really have them for daily use.

The author (and I) wonder what "vintage" means for audiophiles. I guess some of us keep old stuff around, but not for daily use. Some elements show minimal advancement over the decades such as fine old Rice-Kellogg drivers made by Stephens. Or the AR-3 speaker and maybe the Jantzen too and maybe a variety of ESL speakers.

Ben

zA2.1

There's at least one owner in Singapore I might be able to put you in touch with. Also a former dealer there. Let me know.

I think you'll find owners and others who've auditioned the speakers on AudioCircle and AudioAsylum.

I'd also be happy to compare/contrast with you via Skype, if you'd trust my impressions. :) My Skype handle is janszen_esl1. Your time zone is 12 or 13 hours later than us, so try me either early am or late pm your time.

Hi Guy
Wondering if anyone here has a pair or got to audition
these speakers. SQ wise how do they compare with
say Martin Logan or other ESL speakers.

Thanks

SG dealer

I haven't been in touch for a pretty long time but . . .

Sound Consultants
Eugene Ng
317 Outram Road #B1-20
Concorde Shopping Centre
Singapore 169075

phone: 81 266 315
email: ng_eugene9 at yahoo dot com dot sg

Hi David
Thank you kindly. Well if your former dealer in Sg
still has a pair for auditioning that would be great.

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.