E.Technology lft8b+Pass Aleph3....cable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have these speakers:

LFT-8b-front-and-side.jpg

Low efficiency but a fairly high(always>8 Ohm) and regular impedance:

impvfreq8b.jpg

and two Aleph 3 (vertical biamp) to drive them.

Do you think it's better to use a cable with high capacitance/low inductance or one with high inductance/low capacitance to drive them?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm no expert but my understanding of inductance and capacitance in cables is that decreasing one comes at the expense of increasing the other-- and visa versa.

I don't know what mix of parameters would work best with your speaker. However; I use a cable designed by Jon Risch that avoids the extremes (of either capacitance or inductance), mitigates the penalties better than any cable that I know of and works well with my ESL speakers. You can't buy this cable but you can build it yourself. Instructions and materials are described in the link below:

Cross-connected Belden 89529 coaxial speaker cables

Last edited:
I'm no expert but my understanding of inductance and capacitance in cables is that decreasing one comes at the expense of increasing the other-- and visa versa.

I don't know what mix of parameters would work best with your speaker. However; I use a cable designed by Jon Risch that avoids the extremes (of either capacitance or inductance), mitigates the penalties better than any cable that I know of and works well with my ESL speakers. You can't buy this cable but you can build it yourself. Instructions and materials are described in the link below:

Cross-connected Belden 89529 coaxial speaker cables

I know the work of Risch, maybe i've read in Audioasylum Diy. Thanks.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.