Quad 988 and piano reproduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been comparing piano reproduction in my 988's with the reproduction in my Reference 3a MM de Capo's. The size of the instrument in the de Capo's is huge, more lifelike than in the Quads. In the Quads the instrument appears more distant and tiny, might be the description. Is this the standard Quad piano reproduction? Given the size of the esl panels I would expect a bigger image, or maybe there is something wrong.

The Quads seem to be working ok with both panels having the same output.

Thanks!

Phase indeed, could Also be to close to THE wall so some freq Will be out of phase with the front, I measured my 63 at 1 meter and there flat to 50-55 so either phase issues or the capo is bass heavy placed to close to wall ?

With dynamic speaker this will improve low end with esl usually the opposite.

It can be the recording. There are an endless variation of how the piano (or any instrument) is captured while recording. Some want the soloist to dominate. Just listen to some recordings of a violin concertos and you will find that in most cases the violin is too large compared to the orchestra. If the person playing is very famous, it is by intention that the solo instrument dominates.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.