Some people know American Technology NeoPlanar Neo 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to buy American Technology NeoPlanar Neo 3 and neo 24, but do not know where to sell, or forum friends can also sell to me.

NeoPlanar3 pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20141121_153007 (2).jpg
    IMG_20141121_153007 (2).jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
how big are those ? i made something similar once i wonder how long those neo's are.

i wonder why they did not chose a little less spacing between the conductors. but i have no frame of reference size wise so it might be really small :)

the way the conductor moves is weird to, rather inefficient, or i miss something .

Last edited:
how big are those ? i made something similar once i wonder how long those neo's are.

i wonder why they did not chose a little less spacing between the conductors. but i have no frame of reference size wise so it might be really small :)

the way the conductor moves is weird to, rather inefficient, or i miss something .

There is a point of diminished returns with conductor spacing. You of course dont want too much un-driven area BUT going any smaller than what they have there will yeald very little benefit if any in a design like this.

Not sure what you mean by "way conductor moves" ? If you mean the way they run conductor even over top of magnets ( rather than only in between magnets as in a Magneplaner and others) then yes there is a very small sensitivity loss, However you get a better response into the higher frequencys and better damping of the diaphragm over the magnets the way they have it there wich is similar to the way an Apogee bass panel runs conductor even over the magnet rather than just in between.

Some will argue that running conductor there makes no sense from a magnet lines of force angle, BUT I can tell you from many experiments its better to put the conductor even above the magnets.

You can also see some trickery at the edges of the diaphragm, with "dots" of metal. This will aid in some damping of that area as well

lowmass ....what about the Apogee stage 26"mt driver...on there later 26" thay ran magnets all the way down the sides....looks like 1"more at the top an bottem sides...I have only the less magnets type ....how much gain in out put would you say...if you can
I thought of adding magnets...thanks

lowmass ....what about the Apogee stage 26"mt driver...on there later 26" thay ran magnets all the way down the sides....looks like 1"more at the top an bottem sides...I have only the less magnets type ....how much gain in out put would you say...if you can
I thought of adding magnets...thanks

About ZERO

If you want higher sensitivity then you will need to bring the magnets closer together. BUT then you will have a different slot length/width ratio and the trap will likely need to change.

IMO the Stage MRT has some not so great wiggles in the 3-5 khz range. Likley the size of the corrugations give this upset.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.