Washing Socks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a set of Spectra 33's. The white socks are in nice shape, but need a really good cleaning. I actually made a black set of socks for my Model 3's and very familiar with removing/replacing the 1 million staples :eek:. I am hoping that I can clean these nicely. Is a washing machine a safe option?

I just got a set of Spectra 33's. The white socks are in nice shape, but need a really good cleaning. I actually made a black set of socks for my Model 3's and very familiar with removing/replacing the 1 million staples :eek:. I am hoping that I can clean these nicely. Is a washing machine a safe option?

Acoustat always recommended using a mild soap like Woolite. Hand washing is preferred, especially to avoid unravelling at the ends. However, the 'gentle' or 'hand wash' cycle of a washing machine is probably okay, too. And no hotter than warm water.

Do you guys ever find that you end up with a load of odd socks? Where do the other ones go??

Unravelling of the weave is the main concern so I'd go for a soapy soak and mild agitation. In a bath is good to not have to screw them up to fit. Or lay them out on a water proof board to work on individual stains. I've a cream set for some SMGas which I would like to wash at some point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.