Manger.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Swift

The box is very shallow but gives ample volume for the driver.....it just needs about 15 liters or less (closed of course) . It is highpass filtered at around 180 Hz, for the lows you have to use a (their) sub.

I think they are selling individual drivers again since even on german Ebay I have seen them selling "B"-drivers (with very minor aesthetic flaws).

Tschuss,
Oliver;)

According to Daniela Manger, they driver units function optimally at about 10 litres of volume. I have played with the drivers (loose) and can also attest to the fact that they are VERY sensitive to what is behind them.

The drivers are very interesting - and by the way if you come across a pair, you know if they are the most recent versions (as of a year ago at least) if they have many small coin sized magnets instead of traditional ring ferrite.

The drivers themselves have a weak point (if mishandled) which is the 4 wires woven into the diapghragm - particularly the ends seem to be fragile to certain finger-pointing-touching individuals. Make sure they are not damaged or you will have to send the drivers back for an expensive rebuild. Trying to fix this at home will cause the drivers to look suboptimal and likely perform subotiomally in a big way.

Petter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.