bi amp acoustat 2+2 se triode for top

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just love my acoustat 2 +2's driven by my moscode amp and audible illusions preamp.
But I'm really really in love with my tubelab simple se with audio nirvana and h frame open baffles. The single ended amp is just so much less veiled and clear.
Far bigger improvement than boutique speaker wires, interconnects, and more expensive cd transports, and d/a converters. With those changes, you almost had to convince yourself that it was better.
The simple se was immediately, obviously cleaner and clearer.
Can I have both worlds.
Obviously, i cant drive the 2+2's with the simple se.
But perhaps I could separate the bass and mid/treble transformers and drive the mid/treble with the simple se with a 2 ohm output transformer'd simple se.
One of my questions would be what should I expect the frequency spectrum of the speakers from the mid/treble transformer. I understand there is some overlap of the frequency of the two transformers. But with the MK 121 with both medallion and C upgrades, should I expect the mid/treble transformer to feed the speakers from 1KHz (?) on up.

Is this still to difficult a load for the simple se?

I made several simple se's /open baffles for my daughter and friends, but don't have one here to try ( I did hook it up to my acoustats, when I made it and it only got whisper quiet It had a 8 ohm output transformer).
Thanks,
Paul

I just love my acoustat 2 +2's driven by my moscode amp and audible illusions preamp.
But I'm really really in love with my tubelab simple se with audio nirvana and h frame open baffles. The single ended amp is just so much less veiled and clear.
Far bigger improvement than boutique speaker wires, interconnects, and more expensive cd transports, and d/a converters. With those changes, you almost had to convince yourself that it was better.
The simple se was immediately, obviously cleaner and clearer.
Can I have both worlds.
Obviously, i cant drive the 2+2's with the simple se.
But perhaps I could separate the bass and mid/treble transformers and drive the mid/treble with the simple se with a 2 ohm output transformer'd simple se.
One of my questions would be what should I expect the frequency spectrum of the speakers from the mid/treble transformer. I understand there is some overlap of the frequency of the two transformers. But with the MK 121 with both medallion and C upgrades, should I expect the mid/treble transformer to feed the speakers from 1KHz (?) on up.

Is this still to difficult a load for the simple se?

I made several simple se's /open baffles for my daughter and friends, but don't have one here to try ( I did hook it up to my acoustats, when I made it and it only got whisper quiet It had a 8 ohm output transformer).
Thanks,
Paul

I did some googling on the tube amp in question, but failed to find out its power output. Could you please advise?

More than likely, if you got only 'whisper quiet' when driving the whole speaker, it won't be up to the task of driving only part of the interface.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.