Martin Logan Aerius i HT Board Transformer Kaputt !?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you can see difference in terminals....
faulty board has 4 /5 connections, replacement only 2

aerius boards 2.jpg

aerius boards.jpg

Last edited:
The transformer has exactly the same readings on both 103 and 102 boards so don't think that's my problem any more that's why I switched the whole board.

When you say "same readings", what do you mean? are you measuring voltages at the secondary terminals of the transformer when the supply is powered up that match those of the 102 board and your other 103 board? If so, I guess I don't understand what you meant in your initial post when you said you had narrowed down the problem to an open winding in the transformer.

Taking a step back...had you tried swapping the power supplies(or panels) between your working and non-working speaker to verify that it is the power supply and not the panel that is the problem?

When you say "same readings", what do you mean? are you measuring voltages at the secondary terminals of the transformer when the supply is powered up that match those of the 102 board and your other 103 board? If so, I guess I don't understand what you meant in your initial post when you said you had narrowed down the problem to an open winding in the transformer.

Taking a step back...had you tried swapping the power supplies(or panels) between your working and non-working speaker to verify that it is the power supply and not the panel that is the problem?

By same readings I meant resistance
Turned out my 'open winding' on the 103 was also open on the 102 board I know works so I obviously didn't measure across the right terminals in the first place.

I have already swapped 103 PCB's across speakers and the fault moved with the board so I am 100% sure the board is the issue.

Looks like I can go with the connections as I planned given feedback from forum and ML - will try tomorrow and report back :scratch:

I have already swapped 103 PCB's across speakers and the fault moved with the board so I am 100% sure the board is the issue.
Good to hear.
Replacement panels are more costly than HV supplies and more difficult to DIY repair.
Let me know if you are interested in trying to repair your 103 HV supply.
I can send you some troubleshooting steps to narrow down where the fault lies.

Looks like I can go with the connections as I planned given feedback from forum and ML - will try tomorrow and report back :scratch:

Oh, I forgot to comment on the strategy you mentioned in post#19 for connecting your 3 ground wires to the 102 PCB.
I think your proposed connections should work just fine.

Aerius HV transformer.

Guys,

I also have problem with Aerius HV transformer on HT Board on both speaker.
I try to source the similar type but can't find here, some electrician say this is a customize model by ML.
Please let me know if anyone able to help me get the HV transformer (new/second hand) and willing to send to Indonesia.
You can PM me.

Thanks.

FPN.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.