magnepan IIa tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just received and started the rebuild of my Maggie 2a speakers. I started on the first speaker by removing all the wires and cleaning the mylar. In my haste, I forgot to measure the length of the tweeter run. I measured the thicker Bass runs though!!! Anyone know the length that I should make the tweeter wire run?? thanks in advance. When I am finished, I hope to post a HOW_TO with pictures and all

well the length is the amount of turns you have to make? so does it go one pass? or had i serval passes in the magnet gap in the middle? i mean a few cm longer or shorter wont make hat much of a diference , because the total length is more then several meters.

just look at the second speaker an look how the wire goes. how many times it goes up and down in the magnet gap. just replicate that and ur done.

best is to make a sketch of the magnets and the wire in betwen , it does not have to be an art work. just so you remember the path it has to make

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.