New AMT drivers from Mundorf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "dipole" versions are new to me also. As they are not particularly acoustically small one wonders how high up in frequency dipole directivity extends. The on and off axis published frequency responses seem to indicate that they have broader directivity than the physical size would suggest.

I am wondering if they have some sort of shading being applied such that they are "hotter"/more sensitive in the centre of the membrane. The membrane you can see through the pole pieces seems to have different colours in parts suggesting something is going on?

Keith

frequency range...

The major drawback of these drivers remains their low cutoff frequency (too high for most of them...) even the best have a frequency cut off about 700 Hz !

If somebody derive a device with a much lower Fc (like 200 Hz or so) with a good sensitivity and keeping the other good specs of this principle, I think that I probably will buy a bunch of them !

Last edited:
I am wondering if they have some sort of shading being applied such that they are "hotter"/more sensitive in the centre of the membrane. The membrane you can see through the pole pieces seems to have different colours in parts suggesting something is going on?
The color of the membrane remains the same throughout. But the membrane is partly shaded from the back by the asymmetric layout of the perforated grid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.