Audiostatic ES100 cap change.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
Can you help.
I've just bought a great pair of white Audostatic ES100 speakers to go with my Croft series 3R OTL amp.
The first thing we all do is hit the web for advise on tweaking / upgrading these wonderful panels.
I read that some change the large cap ( same or different value ) or even completely remove it, but no one has explained what effects I might get by changing its value or completely removing it.
I'm likely to change it to a Clarity Cap ESA ( 30uf ) of the same value to maintain the original spec.
Can anyone give me details on what to expect if I remove it completely or use a lower value ( less than 30uf ).
Thanks in advance of your replies.

I have replaced the caps in the es200 with almost similar values but much better quality caps of the brand mundorf. This improved the quality of the sound from bass (I replaced the caps within the mirror drive circuitry as well) to the highs. You can do the same with the es100. The input cap will block any DC voltage as well as very low frequencies so power handling may be reduced a bit. This is something you have to experiment with. Newer models have no input caps as well.
If you use a cap with lower capacity that will reduce the deep bass.
You may like to change segmentation as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.