Martin Logan CLS - Frame Dimensions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hey all,

Can someone help me out here? I am fabbing a pair of Cherry frames for ML CLS Panels and need dimensions.

The ML site says original CLS was 60" high by 28" wide, and newer CLSII were 57.5" high and 28" wide...

Question is what are your true dimensions? Is it 1" thick?

Inner "window"? I am thinking 22.5" x 48". How about the insert slot for the panel? 1/2" wide x 1/2" deep? is it straight , or curved lilke the panel?

Apprciate the help...Thanks!!

I have a pair of CLSII, Serial numbers 313 and 314.

The window is smaller on the front than on the back (much like a picture frame), and notched into the frame. It bevels toward the back on the right and left but is flat at the top and bottom

Outside overall dimensions: 29"W x 57.5H x 1.25" thick
Window dimensions (front): 22" x 48.75"
Window dimensions (back): 23.75" x 48.75"

The window is not centered vertically, much smaller space at the top than the bottom. The crosspiece at the top is 1.75" wide.

Hope this helps!

The photo in the last post was taken from the back. It is tough to tell, but the opening is beveled front to back. If I had to guess how there were made, the side pieces probably had a slot cut into straight into them with a dado blade, then the slotted side was cut at an angle (i.e. ripped through a table saw with the blade angled.) The sides of the slot go straight back - no curve to them - as if they were cut with the dado.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Ha!! Done. I now have a pair of Oak frames...I have modified Acoustat MK-121-2A Interfaces on them. The panels fit nice and snug. Just waiting for them to fully dry...

Who hoo...

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    696.8 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.