Maybe à stupid question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No.

Raising the bias and/or signal voltage causes more force to be applied to the diaphragm.

I have measured approximately +6db of increase in sensitivity for every doubling of the bias voltage as was expected.

I have ran two panels in series before and this reduces the output as the voltage applied across each panel is now cut in half.
I didn't have a SPL meter at the time to verify the amount of drop in efficiency.

jer :)

the voltage is not cut in half, maybe you dont get my question. i wondered if i put 2 front stators slapped togther with an insulating layer in between , and the same for the back. in my assumption bith stators wil act on the membrane. be it that one has a heigher DC spacing because the other stator + insulation is in the way. when you normally put panels in series that does not yield a drop either it increases output because of more mebrane. in the way i prescribe i increase stator surface while keeping the same amoutn of membrane surface. still i dont know if this would work.. maybe i might try out. but if someone had tried it or some theorie why it would not work i skip the effort of trying :)

Both stators will be at the same voltage therefore there won't be any change.

In order to increase the force applied on a ESL you must raise the voltage.
Having two stators next to each other at the same voltage level results in a stator at one voltage level with no difference between them and the force stays the same.

Having two stators next to each other is not the same as having two Battery's tied in series in which would result in the doubling of the voltage.

Secondly the outer stator would have a lesser effect on the diaphragm than the first stator because it is farther away from the diaphragm.

Having the two panels in series did reduce the level for one panel and increasing the surface area may have made up the difference.
Theoretically it should.
It was about 3 years ago when I briefly tried this but I didn't have a SPL meter to verify the difference.

jer :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.