Design idea used before?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I'm fairly new to speaker building. I have a few books and have built a pair of full range Chilli-Changs, which sound really good.

I'm interested in the Bohlender Graebener Neo8's that parts express sells. I'm also interested in constructing speakers using PVC pipe, both for simplicity of construction, cost, and limitation of roll-off to the sound (making use of planar's dipole sound). My room has cathedral ceilings so these planars would also be advantageous in limiting vertical dispersion.

Is there any diy projects out there that anyone knows of that make use of planar transducers on a vertical pipe? Also interested in incorporating built-in amps and wireless design. Lastly, would having the speakers up higher pointing down toward the listener have any negative effect (i have carpet floors)?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.