a baby grand piano planar design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Henry,

I was talking about the DIAPHRAGM.

The frames with the magnets might well bend with gravity too.
But IF you are putting these horizonatally (are you??) then the diaphragm will hang down. Dipping lowest in the center.

Ok?

What are you using for the conductive material and the substrate??

Looks like a good project so far.

_-_-bear

LAST FEW PICTURES, NEARLY FINISHED!!

Here are the last few pictures, before I listen to , fingers crossed.!!:mad::hohoho:Last one shows 9volt battery used for checking phase of each diaphragm.

Attachments

• SAM_0471.JPG
    SAM_0471.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 172
  • SAM_0480.JPG
    SAM_0480.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 59
  • SAM_0479.JPG
    SAM_0479.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 54
  • SAM_0478.JPG
    SAM_0478.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_0477.JPG
    SAM_0477.JPG
    539.5 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_0476.JPG
    SAM_0476.JPG
    454 KB · Views: 43
  • SAM_0475.JPG
    SAM_0475.JPG
    446.8 KB · Views: 141
  • SAM_0474.JPG
    SAM_0474.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 147
  • SAM_0473.JPG
    SAM_0473.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 160
  • SAM_0472.JPG
    SAM_0472.JPG
    450.1 KB · Views: 171
Got to sort out 3 pair cables, then plug into wall sockets left of fireplace Then find a good piano CD if I can remember where I put them!? Or I may use an LP. Trouble is I moved them but where to, can hardly move with all the 24 speakers in my living room, about 20 Amps and 400 LP's + about 45 reel to reel tapes.And the 15 shelves jam packed with stuff, it'a good job I live on my own.

Thanks Henry !!!

The look much bigger than that !!

Here is a simulation based just upon the surface area and an Xmax of 2mm.
I just doubled the border width to the diaphragm as I don't know the exact dimensions.
I looks pretty good !!!

Cheers !!

jer :)

Attachments

• PIANO.jpg
    PIANO.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Listening to it at the moment in the middle of my living room, have to be careful I don't fall over or into it! Still playing with the various settings on my ONKYO Amp. Have got the big left one plugged into centre and the 2 smaller ones into left and right front output, so can play with differing volumes and bass and treble settings. Could take me forever to find the best settings for the Amp ETC. Will get fed up soon and start on something else, or may finish my 2 designs of planar headphones. Hopefully.Still got a few more ferrite magnets left, so may build some more different designs, just need a brainwave or a new idea from somewhere!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.