Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I measure at 1meter 2,8v. and app.15-20'
My magnets might be too week to control the heavier diaphragm.
Best result is with one layer of mylar,and 10my alu.
I have ordered 10x25x25mm neodyn magnets for my "kithara"magnetsystem,to test in a stronger field.

You used remount spray for your cutting.
Do you think it can be used for the cutting mat, as mine is not so sticky now.

Bernt

Last edited:
I measure at 1meter 2,8v. and app.15-20'
I think you should measure as close as possible (10 cm?) and at 0 degrees when it comes to measure the distortion. This to avoid room, noise and early reflections in the measurements.

My magnets might be too weak to control the heavier diaphragm
Perhaps you could move the magnets apart in order to prove that theory.

Do you think it can be used for the cutting mat

Yes, that´s what the scrappers use to refurbish the mat.

URL]

I have made some new models.
URL]

I have made a curved line of 4 amt´s ,did´t like it.4 amt´s in a Square, better.
And now 2 amt´s angeled 10'
URL]

I have not measured it ,but crossing at 500 Hz.sounds good.
URL]

Larger than my first model, placed on top.

Bernt

Last edited:
Hi,
thank You very much for replying! :)

I was just getting into the DIY AMT project myself (getting some materials, magnets, etc.) and your thread was (literally) the single best source of information on the internet on this subject.
I was primarily interested in how You put the aluminium/copper on the foil and how the traces were located on the foil before the folding process.
And it was super interesting to see, how the whole project was evolving.
It would be of course an enormous amount of work to replace all the missing pictures and I would never ask for such a thing. But maybe some milestone pictures of the evolution process would be very nice to see.

Best Regards,
Orgon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.