Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Every second layer is shorter.
URL]

URL]

Bernt

Yes, I got the dimensions of the magnets and the iron mixed up :eek:

15x3 mm steel will be perfect.

I have some 10x4 mm from an abandoned bass panel project.
Thought I might give it a try along with the favourite magnet dimension 40x20x10 N42.
FEMM says the same field strenght as yours above.

What field strength do you get with 10 mm and N52 ?
And with N52 and 6 mm ?

I bought some N35 because they was very cheap, but I did never test them due to they was only a fraction of the strength in practical use...

Last edited:
I have just ordered 9meter 3x15mm iron to make my new magnetsystem.
I was wondering if the iron you ordered has a perfect square profile or has it got rounded edges like mine.
If they are rounded and you stack them, the surface to the magnetes will not be flat.
Do you plan to sand the iron in order to have an even surface?

BTW, I finally decided to go ahead with this. Just placed an order of 40 pieces of 40x20x10 N42s.

The difference between the N:s is the square root of the division if I remember it correctly.
So N52 is 1,22 times stronger than N35. But you must analyze every circuit as there can be saturation (for iron it is 2T) that minimizes the fields.

What field strength do you get with 6 mm and 10 mm iron and N52 ?

The interesting issues are:
1. How much iron are needed if N52 are used ?
2. How weak magnets can be used for a given iron to get maximum field strength ?

It is not posibly to see any motion of the diaphragm course of the magnetsystem.

Bernt

I tested a Mark & Daniel AMT with a 1.5 volt battery and I cannot see any movement even if I used a 10x magnifying lens..
The Mark & Daniel AMT have ca. 700Hz lower bandwidth and ca. 89dB sensitivity.

With my AMTs the lower (-3dB SPL) bandwidth are ca. 100Hz (due to limited diaphragm area), but are designed for DC operation...
So there I can se the movement of the diaphragm with the naked eye as 1.5 volt moves the diaphragm ca. half xmax, and as every second fold / pleat moves in opposite direction the movement are then very easy to see..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.