Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for all the idea´s for measurements.
I have tried impedance measurement :
URL]

Green is a 2" Aurasound, and yellow diy AMT.
I am testing with DC before i hook it to the amp.I use app. 2Amp,and you can hardly see any movement.
URL]

This one is 170x40x6,5mm on axis and a larger horn.
I am not sure wich kind of horn thats the best for low increasement? 120' 90' 135' Or hyberpol konical .
My latest measurements are made with REW. Maybe i can post. a REW file
Bernt

Last edited:
I am testing with DC before i hook it to the amp.I use app. 2Amp,and you can hardly see any movement.

With hardly any movement with 2 Ampere it is not strange that the bass response are restricted.

When I test the polarity with a 1.5 volt battery (ca. 150mA) the movement are the half of xmax.

The total mass / weight of my diaphragm (20 x 27 cm = 540 square centimeter) are 2 gram - the moving mass are ca. 1.5 gram.

Converted to the 17 x 23 cm you use the total mass would be 1.45 gram and moving mass 1.1 gram.

I would expect the diaphragms you use may be closer to 15 - 20 gram and have possibly 10 times as stiff / hard suspension.

If the diaphragm is light and the suspension soft, it should be too weak motor?

I use the most powerful magnetic system I practically and mechanically can fit.
Neodym N52 custom ordered magnets.

I have also developed and designed my own 8" drivers (560 gram N52 neodym magnets). Proprietary tools made for dust cap, cone and surround, magnetic system CNCed. Surround made of pure silk and several one, two and three layer cones. 24mm magnetgap and several custom voice coils, up to 30mm xmax (18mm with voice coil inside the magnet gap), spider less, corian basket etc..

With three 8" (up to 300Hz) and AMTs in waveguide above in a OB dipole system I have 15Hz to 50kHz bandwidth and need (and use) only a 1 watt JFET class A amplifier for optimum SPL. The speakers are actually so effective that I have headroom for a variable bass EQ (made for use when playing at low SPL levels) variable 0 to +6dB bass boost and variable frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.