What Disco music did to my Acoustat speakers...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for bringing this old thread up again!
Just wanted to let you gentlemen know that I did finally figure out what caps to get and did manage to perform the "C" mod, as well as install new binding posts and IEC sockets. Bias board parts and some nice wire is on the way!:cool:
Thanks for your help, and I will keep reading and learning from you guys so keep up the great posts!!

Hi everyone,

So I sit down to treat my 2+2s to some Andrea True Connection and Bay City Rollers when all of a sudden (right in the middle of More, More, More), I hear a sharp pop from the right speaker.

I open the interface and discover the electrolytic capacitor C3 (picture attached) is blown to kingdom come with lots of dielectric shrapnel forcibly lodged into the minute internal orifices of the interface case.

I have four questions that I hope someone has the answer to:
Is disco bad for Acoustat speakers?
Does disco have a weird sound that makes capacitors disintegrate?
Does disco music entrain and focus detrimental dark energy into capacitors?
Is Disco music bad for my neighbors and myself?

Thanks, Professor Bizzt

All you need is to revamp your interfaces, disco is not a problem.

Attachments

• Interface 760x570 01.jpg
    Interface 760x570 01.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 112
  • Interface 760x570 02.jpg
    Interface 760x570 02.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Interface 760x570 03.jpg
    Interface 760x570 03.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Interface 760x570 04.jpg
    Interface 760x570 04.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Interface 760x570 05.jpg
    Interface 760x570 05.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 95
I have four questions that I hope someone has the answer to:
Is disco bad for Acoustat speakers?
Does disco have a weird sound that makes capacitors disintegrate?
Does disco music entrain and focus detrimental dark energy into capacitors?
Is Disco music bad for my neighbors and myself?
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Also your dog, your neighbor's children, their cat and anyone else within earshot.

Your speakers did the honorable thing by committing hara-kiri. Shame on you for playing that stuff!

I'm glad my acoustat have not been put to use yet. My acoustat is one of the larger ones that can handle disco. In fact, it might even be able to handle SYLVESTER's disco who was the predecessor to RU PAUL! From model 3's to the spectra series, disco is not a problem. I have the spectra 33 w/ Spwl subwoofer. I agree though, the CAPS died because it was too old and had obamacare which disco is not mentioned anywhere in the 2500 pages.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.