Isn't there a thread here about wooden soundboards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was searching for pictures of piano and lute soundboards on an excessively well-known search engine and I found a very interesting thread here where people were experimenting with wooden soundboards. There was something about chaldi patterns on a guitar top. I've searched and searched but I haven't been able to find it again.

I'm interested in building instrument speaker cabinets that produce organic sounds, and one of my hare-brained schemes involves a soundboard wrapped around a bass cabinet, vibrated by the output of the front of the speaker, so the resonance is in phase with the speaker's front output (not out of phase as resonated by the back of the speaker). COnceivably such a thing could be braced in order to respond to all twelve chromatic tones and their harmonics. The goal is to provide wholesome organic high end and mids from all sides of the cabinet, like an acoustic instrument does.

This bass sounds most glorious with brutally accurate unflattering reproduction, but a little flattery might not be a bad thing...

I'm delighted to have found a place where people are experimenting with relatively wild ideas. I certainly appreciate any clues anyone can offer.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.