Verrry interesting reading...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Posted on the Carver website..

Igor Levitsky says:
March 11, 2012 at 8:43 am
Mr. Carver, I admire your achievements in Audio but pelase do not disinform your clients and public. The RT-2 ribbon tweeter for your Cinema line was developed by me when I worked at HI-Vi Research at that time in Toronto. It was developed in the beginning of 1997 and around the end of 1997 we started advertising it in Voice Coil and Speakerbuilder magazines. You asked for Rt-2 samples around that time and then showed the Cinema system prototype at 1999 CES I believe with a great sucess. In about a year, in 1999 we at Hi-Vi inclduing its president Mr.Hongbo Yao were very much amazed with the number of RT-2 tweeter copies that another chinese company started showing in China. We learned that they indeed copied HI-Vi’s RT-2 by request of your supplier who was supposed to make Cinema system for you. At that time it was not Homni. If you went back to HI-Vi tweeters since then, good for you, becase I have almost all RT-2 copies from about 3-4 Chinese vendros and none of them performs like RT-2 tweeter.

As far as your claims about line array performance properties they are, mildly put, somewhat illusory. I suggest you read more about line arrays. I have been building ribbon line arrays for residnetial and professional market for 12 years using desgins like your new ALS and many different other ones that are used in sound reinformcent and commercial market.
I suggest you to “refine” your story about your line array product so that it does not look embarassing to readers who know something about line arrays.

Not sure who is correct here, Carver said it was his design , Mr Hi-Vi say it's theirs . What I can say is I have had dealings with Hi-Vi during the mentioned time frame and I would be very surprised if they could manufacture as claimed , consistency was a major concern ....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.