Always on the lookout for cutting edge ideas....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My buddy worked for a company in Miami that actually installed a few pairs of these. Never got hear them though. I have been following the design since it was first announced. I like the drivers used and the super advanced DSP. Could sound damn nice! But then again, it better for that kind of $$$.

Just got back from the JAX Axpona show. Seth, you might get a kick out of my comments.

Axpona 2012 Audio Show - Jacksonville, Fl

Greg

Greg
What's really sad is that a lot of these companies have no choice but to cater to the rich. In this economy, they are the only ones buying anything. If the system looks like it costs a million bucks, but sounds like a Bose, it's gonna sell..
Seth

Last edited:
Looks like a sealed electrostatic panel loudspeaker. Nothing you could clone except for maybe the basic overall shape of the speaker, which is visually quite stunning..
Reality Technologies Australia
And the less expensive model..
Reality Technologies Australia

From what I have read, this is a re-badged version of the Nakamichi HD-A electrostatic loudspeakers that won some design awards back in 2007. Evidently Nakamichi bailed out of the deal over a matter of $200 reduction in unit cost.
More details here:
Whise Ha 1500
Whise Ha 1500
Dragon Electrostatic Speaker on the Behance Network

I noticed that Rob Mckinlay of ER Audio had a hand in the design.
Oh, and the ESL panel isn't sealed, but does have a wedge shaped deflector behind it to help with placement closer to the rear wall.

From what I have read, this is a re-badged version of the Nakamichi HD-A electrostatic loudspeakers that won some design awards back in 2007. Evidently Nakamichi bailed out of the deal over a matter of $200 reduction in unit cost.
More details here:
Whise Ha 1500
Whise Ha 1500
Dragon Electrostatic Speaker on the Behance Network

I noticed that Rob Mckinlay of ER Audio had a hand in the design.
Oh, and the ESL panel isn't sealed, but does have a wedge shaped deflector behind it to help with placement closer to the rear wall.
$200? Over a speaker design like that? Brilliant! I wonder what kind of business crap Nelson Pass had to deal with over his Stasis design..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.