I am still here!!! smile smile..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to let everyone know who has helped me on my electrostatic learning that this has not been forgotten whatsoever. I have powdercoated and baked my first set of stators and then painted over the powder coat with urethane. Worked well. I thought that I should do this as the craftsman unit is cheap and perhaps not what you would want as far as voltage for a thick coverage. I used a tube square box with two ceramic heaters on each end and covered the whole box with foil and blankets to get it to 400.00 Worked. I have a pic of it I will upload.
The time it is taking from my other activities is giving me major pause right now... is this worth it? I feel like my life is derailing to a degree... but I will move forward on it.

The craftsman unit is junk... could have been a good idea but they should have spent a little more and made certain parts thicker plastic. Basically if you buy one just break off the locking mechanism and throw the L tube away... as it is a pain and the locking mechanism will break the first day probably. I don't recommend it even for the 25.00 bucks I got it for.

By the way one of my stators is six inches wide... I had leftover metal and thought well why not... I have yet to read on width versus frequency response... 6x40...? I ask as I know it takes wide wide for bass...

That is awesome,JooJoo1234 !!!

I was wondering how your Panels turned out.

I have haven't made my way to get some powder material yet,but I have made some headway on using spray paints.

I had a very cold spell the last two weeks so I had to stop making samples, but, I will resume in the next few days.

When I do got some powder material I am going to try the fluidized bed method.

After doing a lot of reading on the subject I have found that voltages in the 15kv to 25 kv range work but you need much more than that to get a good thickness of coating using a gun to start with and generally reduced voltages for more coats using a variable supply.
Most of the more professional ones are in the 40kv to 120kv or so range.
I am wondering if boost up the voltage of your gun a bit you might get a little better results.

Give this document a good read as the examples will give you a good idea of what kind of dispersion to expect out of a 6" wide driver,

http://www.atlassound.com/support/wPaperWideDispersion.pdf

There are a few more really good documents that have been recently posted as well.
There is a lot of info in these and it takes a good while to go through them and understand them completely.

If you don't find them then I can recompile the links for you.

:cheers:
jer :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.