Wisdom Audio LS4, inner workings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Wisdom Audio LS4 driver.JPG
    Wisdom Audio LS4 driver.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Thanks, Baldin, for sharing that. It answers a couple of questions I've had over the last couple of weeks. This thread started with a question answered in the video: Wisdom provides one example of a central tweeter in a planar magnetic system.

A close look at the cut-away speaker also answers another question I've had: Does it make sense to run a single conductor between pairs of magnet columns like Magneplanar does, or is it advantageous to run two or more conductors between each magnet column? Clearly the answer depends on how long the conductor is and what the target impedance is, but the Wisdom example seems to show two conductors running down each magnetic gap. I think the Analysis planar-magnetics have gone a similar route. Doubling the conductor length, all else being equal, should increase the sensitivity (greater BL product).

I think I'll forgo the reticulated copper in my design. I don't really need to generate 130 dB. Yikes!

Thanks again,
Few

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.