Martin Logan CLS Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I switched panels and the highs are a bit better. The old panels were original CLS, and these are CLSIIa's... Speakers sounds great non the less...

But I think I have identified the issue - The frame of the CLS actually forces the panel to compress, causing the mylar to become more tensioned - by design. My CLS panel setup is basically free-standing, allowing the panels to remain fully uncompressed...maybe this is why the high highs are not quite there?

Anyway, I am still happy with the way they turned out. Maybe I will get my hands on a real set of ML CLS Frames someday so I can pop these panels in...

My Panels always have more out put unconpressed...but who knows...if you can get to hear a pr of CLS ...I wold like to know what you think about the sound of a stock pr you may find your not far off at all..... Magnepans are a lot of fun i have about 5pr here..but most any esl sound better to me....but thats me...thanks for the info.. keep up the good work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.