Martin Logan Aerius i panel removal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day
I have taken on the job to repair a set of martin logan Aerius that have become distinctly dull in the hf , one panel being down by 15dB at 3KHz and both speaker terminals on the bass driver have broken away, which leads me to my question , How to remove the electrostatic front metal panels ? which seem to be in 2 parts ,one covering the bass driver and then the upper hf panel. The HT i measured by putting a 3.3megohm resistor in series with a digital dc voltmeter that only had a 1KV dc range and both HT voltages measure same but need to access the bass to replace the terminals > I have always stayed clear of electrostatics repairs but in the electronic service these days everything is worth a look. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I would not open up the electrostatic panel. Please check to see if all the electronic components work the way they should.

On Aerius, you need to wire the bass and the electrostatic panel together if you want to drive them using only one amp. You can also use an amp to drive the electrostatic panel and use another one just to drive the bass (bi-amp).

Wachara C.

voltmeter that only had a 1KV dc

Most voltmeter only go up to one Kdc......that sead it shoukd be 2800-dc to 3500 -dc...
go to the tweaks.... http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-Tweaks.....Give the panels a bath.....goodluck i have redone the panel miney times.. i have a pr here now...Martin Logan Aerius i....chek the diy also there....thay can sound great...some say there the best ML ever made...great mids.....

Put the speaker with the panel up in a soft sofa to avoid any damages.

Take a rubber hammer or similar and hit the wooden oak pieces from the bottom. Soon they will be loose since they are fastened by key holes. Then the panel is fastened with "kardborreband" (could it be Velcro fasteners?)

Kardborre is a plant = burdock

My problem was a lose wire in the panel. It's soldered now but the panel has moved down to the floor. I haven't moved them to the original position but will.

I'm pretty sure we are.

The side panels are black on mine and photo shows side panel on left hand side with the speaker standing up normally.

As you can see, the screw will fit into the hole and then is pushed upwards. To remove, push downwards.

I guess it is possible to turn the metal clip upside down, maybe this has been done already?

Hmm for some strange reason photo has been rotated .... but the date shows correct orientation

Attachments

• DSC02116.JPG
    DSC02116.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 160
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.