analysis epsilon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forget the 3m,77......DAP Weldwood contact cement....It a rubbery type.....clen good with assatone.....put this on both side let dry for 15-20 min....put the two togather...

ps It wont come apart......here at WM $7US more than a nuf for 50 speakers...
i have used to hold wire to the mylar on Magnepans....work best !.
an the price is right.

The 3m spray doesn't hold tension very well and is more messier than epoxy.
It is very hard to get a consistent thickness when spraying out of the can and it gets all over everything.

Polyurethane glues foam up as it is curing also they don't seem to bond well with some plastics although I have never tried it on mylar yet.

I have read good results from others with a brush on contact cement as well and I may try it sometime but right now I generally use epoxy.

jer :)

Yes you can.....It used for wood lamanet type work...i no you can get small botles with a brus in then...shool....wood work shop....it contack glue..you do one side..an then the other ... then let dry to the tuch....but thin when you put the two togather...that that..the ..Exopy get hard...this is rubbyre...work great...

Am in the process of building a 4' x 2' FRP using the layout of the epsilon diaphragm. Using 40 x 25 x 10 mm magnets and 9 mm wide aluminium tape, and I will have to glue the magnets down because of the 9 mm gap between each one.This will save on magnets, compared with my designs which don't use gaps.Just to compare this design against my designs which use a lot more magnets. It is going to be a problem gluing down in the right position. If this method is more sensitive than my design. I will have to rebuild all my speakers. As I am using already glued foil I don't have do my own gluing on the mylar. Wish me luck.!!

Last edited:
henry my magnets cover an area of 240mm x 920 if thats any help.am still prototyping rubber samples at the moment am getting close to finding some with the right durometer . this is the main advantage with the analysis speakers having a proper suspension allows the panel to move more and you get a fuller bass compared to clamping the edges and they are more sensitive as a result just food for thought.

Last edited:
Apogee....mag

This is the best i got ....maybe some one has better.....Some of the best sounding speakers ever made.....well to me.

Attachments

• 1321659482[2].jpg
    1321659482[2].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 549
new design.

As promised my latest design is under way, sticking the magnets is a tedious job. A lot harder than just plonking them on. The perforated sheet was from one of my heavier designs, so has a few missing pieces. I had to unbuild one of my latest rebuilds for the magnets, to make a pair I may have to buy some more of the 40 x 25 x 10 mm magnets. I have quite a few 40 x 19 x 10 mm sizes, so may have to change future lay out of foil.:confused:

Attachments

• SAM_0044.JPG
    SAM_0044.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 513
  • SAM_0048.JPG
    SAM_0048.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 471
  • SAM_0045.JPG
    SAM_0045.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 452
  • SAM_0050.JPG
    SAM_0050.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 437
  • SAM_0052.JPG
    SAM_0052.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 249
  • SAM_0053.JPG
    SAM_0053.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 273
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.