Redesign ACOUSTAT III

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
After spending a lot of time and money I finished the job
The total height now is 153 cm and xover was improved
It sounds different and better
Thanks to the nice fellows from the forum that helped me with he xover
Best regards,
Williams

Attachments

• FRONT1.JPG
    FRONT1.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 173
  • SIDE1.JPG
    SIDE1.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 165
Did you retain the original frame & reinforce it, or build an entirely new frame? Where are the interfaces or Servos located? How would you describe the sound change? Do you have any rear and side photos? What grille material? Very striking look, sort of a modern take on the old Monitor 4 pedestal. Clean. Acoustat emblem looks right at home.

Sorry about the 20 Questions, but I'll be building new Monitor 8 frames so I'm very interested to hear insights on the frames. :D

hi
feel free to ask what ever you want.
i will add some more pics.
the xover or the interface as you call it is behind the base.
the frame was totally disassembled and the panels taken out.
reused the MDF vertical poles and the red wood holders for the panels support.
i made new MDF frame parts for top and bottom and assembled all as a frame for the panels only.
the vertical base is 90 mm thick, connected to the panels frame with 5/16'' bolts, inside is empty , the panels wires passed tru it toward the xover that is located on the horizontal base.
the xover box is the original one, inside i did some changes because the capas were huge and did not fit inside.
williams

Attachments

• ftont and side.doc
    55 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.