Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Acoustat Answer Man is here
Acoustat Answer Man is here
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2018, 10:21 PM   #2021
Absolve is offline Absolve  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I will try that. I did try swapping the opamps before, but with the same results. I swapped the transistors also, but no difference. I'll get back with my results!
Old 9th July 2018, 10:39 PM   #2022
AcoustatAnswerMan is offline AcoustatAnswerMan  United States
diyAudio Member

As bolserst suggested, you need to start taking voltage measurements and comparing the "good" unit to the "bad unit". Randomly swapping parts is a tough way to troubleshoot, and eventually you'll damage the board with so many parts pulled and re-soldered.

I also suggest you check and compare the output of the wall transformer. I've seen them go bad.
Old 13th July 2018, 12:11 AM   #2023
Audio Adrenaline is offline Audio Adrenaline  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Adjusting bias voltage on acoustat spectra 11s

Hi Andy, I've read both in this thread and also on on the Audio Circuit site about adjusting the bias voltage on the Spectra 11s I've looked around google and your site and can't find a procedure that describes how to safely do it-obviously you unplug the speakers adjust the potentiometer on the circuit board but do i need to discharge the panels first similar to when you take them apart to move them by touching the red wire on one of the other pin connectors or anything else I'm not worried about getting an exact match of level by using a multi-meter so im not going to have them plugged in when I do the adjustment- but I still want to make sure I am performing the procedure correctly.
Old 13th July 2018, 12:36 AM   #2024
Absolve is offline Absolve  United States
diyAudio Member

I tested pins 4 to 6 and I'm reading 10.77V for the good unit, 11.82V for the problem unit.
Old 13th July 2018, 12:37 AM   #2025
Audio Adrenaline is offline Audio Adrenaline  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default how do I adjust the Bias voltage on the spectra 11 model?

I'm not sure if my last post went up so im putting this up as well my apologies if I doubled up was wondering the procedure to do this ? i looked on the audio circuit site and any other sites I could find -obviously you adjust the potentiometer and could not find anything I'm not going to use a multimeter or anything but I would like to know whether I need to discharge the panel same as when you take them apart to move them? obviously you unplug them lol I've worked on a few different audio things before but not electrostatics so I want to make sure I do it right

Acoustat Answer Man is hereHide this!Advertise here!