Acoustat Answer Man is here

Thanks, I assumed as much, appreciate the confirmation.

I couldn't take the original frames with me (wouldn't fit in my vehicle) and they would have cost 3x what I paid for the speakers to ship so I dismantled them, boxed up the panels and interfaces, and drove them home, leaving the frames. I have a good sized wood shop with all the machines and lumber I need to remake them. Hurt like heck to do it but it was the only logical solution. Figured I could rebuild them better than new...

I need any info on the Acoustat MK-131 I have the two flat panel electrostatic speakers,
how old are they and is there a preferred amplifier?

Can I tell the age by the serial number
How do they rate against, say a common home speaker system like a Sony or a Phillips for your stereo...

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpeg
    IMG_5357.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 3
Help if able please
I am a musician in Australia and have a deceased estate that I purchased in the hope I could use it in my music room.

The Acoustat MK131 (powered to 240V Au)
I am getting sound out of the Rotel RB03 headphone Jack
then sending it to the Rotel RB 03
Not sure what I have to do from there, have tried line out from RB 03 then to the Acustat with no result, any help would be greatly appreciated.
So the mixing desk should simply send to the amps then to the Acoustat.

Attachments

• IMG_5365.jpeg
    IMG_5365.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5364.jpeg
    IMG_5364.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5363.jpeg
    IMG_5363.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5362.jpeg
    IMG_5362.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5357.jpeg
    IMG_5357.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 7
1. If you search this thread you will find answers to almost any Acoustat question.
2. MK131 is the interface number, not the model. Measure the speakers and someone can tell you the model.
3. The Acoustats need to be plugged in. This powers the high voltage bias on the diaphragm. If the sound is weak at a normal volume setting, do NOT crank it.
4. Try a different speaker to make sure you are getting sound to it from the amp.

Brandon

Very kind, the system is working MK131 is insane! I am feeling blessed and transported into the hall very easily
But
do they have to be spaced and facing in the right direction - it seems they have a 'sweet spot'
I am a pianist and rehearse with them.

Attachments

• IMG_5369.jpeg
    IMG_5369.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 0