ESL Transformer Matching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIY,

I am creating a pair of hybrid ESLs for my senior project. I am the point of collecting materials. I have been able to find everything I need at decent bargains except the audio transformers. I'm going to look a little longer before I pull the trigger on some recommended on this forum and available on ebay and from suppliers.

My gradpa has a bunch of old Pioneer VSX-9300THX receivers with big clunky transformers in them. I opened them up awhile ago. Their parts number is ats thousand series something. I looked them up awhile ago and they sell for $85 from suppliers, but besides that they had no more description. I do know that the amp is rated for 680VA, 550 Watts, and 60hz.

My question:

Would be usable for ESLs?

Many Thanks
-Chris

Hi DIY,

I am creating a pair of hybrid ESLs for my senior project. I am the point of collecting materials. I have been able to find everything I need at decent bargains except the audio transformers. I'm going to look a little longer before I pull the trigger on some recommended on this forum and available on ebay and from suppliers.

My gradpa has a bunch of old Pioneer VSX-9300THX receivers with big clunky transformers in them. I opened them up awhile ago. Their parts number is ats thousand series something. I looked them up awhile ago and they sell for $85 from suppliers, but besides that they had no more description. I do know that the amp is rated for 680VA, 550 Watts, and 60hz.

My question:

Would be usable for ESLs?

Many Thanks
-Chris

A tandem (2) of these in each speaker will work and they are dirt cheap:Antek - AN-0506
My blog page (link below) has a wiring schematic for those transformers.
Good luck with your project!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.