Diaphram coating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've spent time reading over many excellent posts recently, and have a hard time decifering what is the best coating to use? The Lycron seems to be quite high up on the list of opinions, but it's also difficult to get in Canada unless a case-lot is purchased.
Also, the home brew using white glue seems somewhat popular.

I do want to start the project soon, but want to be sure to use a good coating that will last.

I've spent time reading over many excellent posts recently, and have a hard time decifering what is the best coating to use? The Lycron seems to be quite high up on the list of opinions, but it's also difficult to get in Canada unless a case-lot is purchased.
Also, the home brew using white glue seems somewhat popular.

I do want to start the project soon, but want to be sure to use a good coating that will last.

My friend Mavric called Techspray and they sent him a sample for free (really). Absent that, give this source a try:
TechSpray - 1756-8S - Chemicals - Chemicals & Adhesives - Allied Electronics

I popped for a can of this and only recently tried it -- I seem to measure high resistance 300 M-ohms @ inch spacing (compared to ~ 40 M-ohms/in on an original Quad '63 diaphragm and even less on a Koss - ~10 M/in)(Koss coating is black like Quad & painted on by the look of it)

Measured using VTVM + copper pennies on leads like Sanders suggests.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.