Replacement stepup for FinalSound ESL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

anyone that knows where I can get a replacement step-up transformer for Final Sound electrostaic speakers?

Seems like the company website is gone, possibly the company too?

I have bought a pair of wall mount FinalSound speakers with a defect stepup.

Regards
Bent

Hi

Sounds like I am after the same thing. Have just bought a set of 4 of the small surround speakers.... think they are the 90ci (no indication on the speakers). 3 work OK & one has faulty electronics.

As it happens I really only need the 3 for surround duties, but it would be good to get the fourth one working. I have managed to prize the electronics assemby from the metal cover & it looks like the transformer has burned out.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with sorting yours out.

Hi, I got the order confirmation today, and they will ship the part on monday.

Seems easy to replace, but one has to desolder the wires in the bottom of the speaker to remove the electronics box.

I bought the speakers unseen but knowing that one was faulty.

I have also noticed that the spacer strips is not touching the diaphragm in some places - seems like glue/tape has come loose. if it affects the sound I will try to superglue the spacers to the diaphragm.

I guess next weekend I will have the speaker fixed

regards,

Bent

PS! Is there any manufacturer info on the transformer? I believe that Final used trafos without centertap on these speakers, and may have used standard components instead of custom ELS-transformers that are quite expensive due to stepup ratio and voltage rating

bent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.