I have had it with these es200's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, well the Eficiency thing is fixed, everybody who is gone restore a set of audiostatics or maybe this goes for any set. CLEAN IT. this set whas a smoked away set, the laquar whas extreme dull and many many many cloth colored brown came of the things. so that whas my leakage, i cleaned the outside not the pertinax stators and wires. so really give them a shower if there that old and dirty :)

so i tried the dots on every bar as Mike beck said. and again screwed my panels :) i just finised getting al the nasty silicone from the stators.

what happend whas the Res frequency multiplied it when from 34 to almost 55. and phooo thats sounds crappy, a + 12dB at 55 hetz. load of low and ugly to and when increasing volume gues what,..... it hits the stator now it hits it really soon because the Fres is in de middle of a frequency that is pretty much in al music. and it makes huge excursion.

so im back to the start. im not gone use the bike tire stretch thing anymoreit does not give the same results over and over, why ? well beacause it really is not stretching it evenly thats one and also there is no way of knowing what the res will be, also its not repeatable. and at last it also depends on how well you layout ur mylar before pumping the tire. so im gone make me a jig like quad. its a little more expensive beacause of the clamps but overal easy (or at least i hope). and if you figure out wich weight ratio (according to the sheet you use and the panel you glue) you will get same result over and over.

But the most inportend question will be what resonance frequency to use and what i whas wondering does Audiostatic has any kind of filtering to get the res fequency out of the way ? because i did some measurements with a low res and then the bumb is not as anoying as with higher res like 55 its like 12 dB and around 35 hertz only 4 or 5.

well this is what i did for now

ingredients. Clamps, sand, scale,rope

1#
Clamps 32 in total , just to do some test, maybe buy more if i want to use the whole frame.

2#
clamp power it can hold on easy to the bag of the rest of the 31 clamps

3#
uhm scale with sandbag exact 500 gram

4# marking a can to use as measure device , so i fill alll the bag with this can and fine tune later on the scale, otherwise my scale went of because i whas to slow.

5#
making hooks, could not find any S hooks in the hardware store, so just do some bending with nails.

6# the bending result, not really all the same but the will do there job

7# get some steel wire to make a loop on top of the plastic bag so i can hang them on the S hooks as many is a like

8#
what i just told in 7

9# attach wire to clamp and to S hoook

10# end result bag on clamp with wire and S hook ready to use.

Attachments

• P1030093.JPG
    P1030093.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 103
  • P1030094.JPG
    P1030094.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 105
  • P1030097.JPG
    P1030097.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 103
  • P1030098.JPG
    P1030098.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 101
  • P1030099.JPG
    P1030099.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 93
  • P1030100.JPG
    P1030100.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 35
  • P1030103.JPG
    P1030103.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 43
  • P1030102.JPG
    P1030102.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 37
  • P1030101.JPG
    P1030101.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1030105.JPG
    P1030105.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
ok then i made a frame of wood and attached these metal pipes to let the rope slide better, the cheapest way i ciould think of and still expensive in my opinion. made a huge frame so i could make huge panels or make 2 at one time. (need more clamps for that but ok)
did not made pictures forgot all about it just wanted to test it reeaaaaally badly

then thing in action :) just a test with last mylar i had around, could not keeping myself from tacking it on the stator to just see what the res freq whas so last picture is measurement.

i need to increase weight for thissize of foil to increase the res to 38, how much will be trail and error. for now i looks like its 28 hz, when turned on it sucks to stator as expected with this low res. althoug it does come off and stays of for pretty long.

still got some clamps over so will add 1 on the short side and 2 on the big side

Attachments

• P1030109.JPG
    P1030109.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 74
  • P1030110.JPG
    P1030110.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 75
  • P1030111.JPG
    P1030111.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 55
  • meting test 1.JPG
    meting test 1.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Nice stretcher. Does the string slide easily on the metal pipes? I've seen others use ball bearings to reduce the friction but that would obviously increase both the cost and complexity. If you decide it would be helpful to reduce the friction but you want to keep the cost down, perhaps you could put small (1 or 2 cm long?) pieces of pvc or other rigid plastic tubing over the metal pipe and then run the string over the plastic tubing. I haven't tested this idea, by the way, so it might turn out not to be that useful. I would be interested, though, to hear whether you find the friction to be an issue.

Few

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.