ESS AMT Center Channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 4 ESS AMT3 Rock Monitors in my 5.2 4KW Home Theater. I wanted to build a center speaker that would blend in with the current ESS speakers and utilize the Heil AMT as the tweeter, of course. This would most likely be a 2 way with @ 7" mids on each side of the AMT. What would you suggest regarding the various components that you feel would work well in this DIY, ESS CC speaker? XO, Box dim, 2 or 3 way, port no port, etc..

6X9 and heil

I was thinking about this as well. I was going to mate it with that 6X9 pair that I have, zenith console pull. I would have a port straight behind the heil, stuff the living daylights out of it and compartment it so it doesn't interfere with the woofers. Anyway, I think about a lot of things, most of it turns up useless.
Cool.
Srinath.

The thing about a center in my situation is - it cannot be too tall. I will wait a month, just because I am enjoying the linaeum center I have tha tmatches the rear linaeum center and the fact that I have too many projects and I am lazy ... but My design is pretty much the 6X9 - why - I already have all the items I need ... the 6X9's and the heil and the X over, and I dont think we can get our hands on the center and dissect it just to know what they got in it for many years.
I am near about sure my 6X9 which in its original cabinet crossed over 2nd order @ 1800 will easily cover what the heil will not. I could put the X-over from its cabinet and get the heil to work above that.
Cool.
Srinath.

Yea I can barely fit this 5 inch tall RCA linaeum center without it interfering wiht the TV.
I have this monster projector tha twill fill the whole bloody wall with pic.
Now the wall isn't wide enough so we have it made smaller so it leaves 2ft below the bottom, the cabinet with all the audio crap is in there and the center sits on top of it.
The 5 inch tall RCA is plenty tall as per my wife. I put in a 9 inch tall center and its adios.
Cool.
Srinath.

ESS is likely never going to release that center channel. In other words, i would not hold my breath waiting upon it's arrival. It's not a significant player in the center channel market so for that i would just do this... get a small amt from another source and build your own to suit your room / needs / desires. You'll be glad you did and way ahead on expenditures in the long run. I'm tempted to do it myself but i'm not a videophile at the moment. Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.