Martin Logan SL3 = dead => help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had the same problem with one of my Martin Logan reQuests

It was a sad weekend while taking a break from rebedding our water softener and adding a chloramine filter to find that my right Martin Logan reQuest was popping even after unhooking everything from it and unplugging it from the wall. Took me a few days to work up the courage to pull it apart, but it was the exact problem that the person who started this thread had. The blue wire solder joint had come loose as a result of pressure from the panel sliding down its enclosure. Good way to start off a Monday in my opinion to get that fixed!

One way of avoiding this happening again is to put a couple of screws with some rubber round them below the panels. You can do the same with the woofer grills.

The upgrading the bias voltage may make some sense to me, especially if it's a change that ML have introduced in their later/better models, but my plans are to eliminate the passive x-overs and go active first, then I may try it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.