Martin Logan CLX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
continuing with the idea that CLX is a driver, rather than a speaker i am wondering how low would you take it ?

i am also wondering if the 300-ish crossover between the flat and curved panels is too low ? can anybody explain the reasoning ML used there ?

also what kind of crossover does ML use between the two panels - LR ?

Montekay of AVS Forum has dipole subwoofer array which he says goes to 18 hz at home theater SPL levels. i think something like that would be a natural match for CLX in bass ( Linkwitz Orion Killer ) but again - what crossover frequency would you use ?

do you think there would be any benefit to takign the crossover out of CLX and using a FIR crossover instead ? does CLX use two transformers per each speaker or a high voltage crossover ?

TIA for any input.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
continuing with the idea that CLX is a driver, rather than a speaker i am wondering how low would you take it ?

i am also wondering if the 300-ish crossover between the flat and curved panels is too low ? can anybody explain the reasoning ML used there ?

also what kind of crossover does ML use between the two panels - LR ?

Montekay of AVS Forum has dipole subwoofer array which he says goes to 18 hz at home theater SPL levels. i think something like that would be a natural match for CLX in bass ( Linkwitz Orion Killer ) but again - what crossover frequency would you use ?

do you think there would be any benefit to takign the crossover out of CLX and using a FIR crossover instead ? does CLX use two transformers per each speaker or a high voltage crossover ?

TIA for any input.

If you take the panel lower, it's excursion increases until it hits the stators. I would think ML chose the xover also with that in mind. You could try it, you'll clearly hear when it happens.

jd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.