"re-leafing" a Technics EAS-10 TH400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did someone already managed to make a replacement leaf for this tweeter?
Since i burnt (for the second time!) both tweeters during tests and replacement is nearly impossible to find, I intend to glue with epoxy a 18 µ aluminum foil onto a 12 µ mylar foil (on the original, I measured around 14...16 µ for the plastic foil, and 16...18 µ for the aluminum), then cover it with photoresist and etch the aluminum away.
Any information or hint is welcome!

Hello, I had to revive this old thread because a friend has also burned this tweeter and, obviously, cannot find a replacement. So, do I have any better luck than JiFi this time? Is there any other similar tweeter that can be used as a replacement for the EAS-10 TH400B? By the way, JiFi, if you are still around, what did you do in the end? Did your diy attempt actually work?
Thanks everybody!

I wanted to do it on my Technics orthodynamic headphones, but never succeeded. Actually I bought a thin plastic foil covered with aluminium layer (food wrapping foil from the supermarket), and wanted to photocopy and etch it. The problem was that the photoresist (Positiv 20 spray) was not covering it evenly, as if the surface was oily, but it was not. At the end I bought another pair of the same type. If you can photocopy properly on the aluminium, you can try etching with natrium-hydroxide solution. Read also this:

Orthodynamic Roundup
Technics EAH-830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.